Our Beliefs Form the Foundation of Who We Are...
1. The Bible – We believe that the Bible is the perfect Word of God given to man for revelation, inspiration, and personal instruction on how to live a pleasing life before God.
2. God – We believe that there is one God who exists in three persons (Trinity); God the Father, Jesus Christ the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
3. People – We believe that all people are created in the image of God and that God cares very deeply for each human being regardless of age, sex, race, or background.
4. Sin – We believe that each of us has sinned, which separates us from God. There is no amount of good or moral deeds which can overcome the effects of our sinfulness.
5. Salvation – We believe that forgiveness and freedom only come through admitting our own sinfulness and turning to Jesus Christ in repentance and faith.
6. Life – We believe that as a result of salvation the Holy Spirit gives us direction and strength allowing us to live a life that is satisfying as Christians and pleasing to our Heavenly Father.
7. Worship – We believe that worship is man’s greatest privilege both privately and corporately and we should enjoy him and give him glory.
8. Marriage – We believe that marriage has only one meaning that is sanctioned by God and described in Scripture, which is that one man and one woman are covenantally joined in a single, exclusive union under the authority of God.
9. The End – We believe that Jesus Christ will return as He promised and until He comes, we are to work to share the faith and change the world through love and serving one another and our community.
The church’s official doctrinal statement is the Baptist Faith and Message (2000). Click here to read it.
Gallup Hill is associated with the SBC, the Baptist Convention of New England and the North American Mission Board.